Cashless Events Solution with PlayPass
Founded in Belgium in 2012, PlayPass is specialized in event technology and has set the industry standard for the reliable and cost-effective delivery of cashless payments, access control, brand activation and crew management at festivals and live events across Europe and Asia, using NFC and other technologies.
As an expert of cashless solutions during events, PlayPass was looking for a secure, dedicated, easy configurable device that has no street value.
– Dedicated device: a professional device that is locked to one chosen application
– Flexible and resilient: a device able to face network and power failures
– Security: a device to process financial transactions during events
– Easy-to-deploy: fleets of devices that are easy configurable for short 2-day events
Famoco enables NFC payments anywhere and anytime by providing the next generation of mPOS devices. The FX100+ is the 1st secure, versatile, mobile transactional Android NFC device with an embedded Secure Element and an external SAM. Festival goers are given a bracelet equipped with a NFC chip and retailers are equipped with the FX100+. Festival goers can then make any payment with their NFC wristbands and are able to top up credit onto this electronic wallet thanks to the FX100+. The Famoco nfc payment solution was chosen by PlayPass because it differentiates itself from other devices. The FX100+ nfc payment solution enables:
– Offline transactions in case of network outage.
– Better till management: No cash management, stop juggling between several means of payment, no risk of hands in the till, automatic financial reporting.
– Less safety issues: thefts, lost of wallets, etc.
Thanks to the PlayPass/Famoco nfc payment solution, amplify the positives!
– Higher customer spend by 30%
– Increased customer experience thanks to a clear and transparent communication and no queuing.
– PayPal integration: is one of the PlayPass/Famoco’s unique features due to a partnership with PayPal, allowing customers to directly top up using their PayPal account.
The solution was deployed during several events in 2015: Lollapalooza Berlin (DE), Rock Werchter (BE), Melt! (DE), Splash! (DE), Graspop Metal Meeting (BE), Antwerp Sportspaleis (BE), Low Festival (ES), Cruïlla Barcelona (ES), BIME (ES), Clockenflap (HK), Les Trans Musicales (FR), Caprices (CH), Piknic Electronik (ES) and many more.
IN THEIR WORDS
Gaby Salaverry, Marketing General Manager at LAST TOUR:
“We believe that eliminating the circulation of cash at festivals, making everything digital or virtual, helps us to have more interesting insights about how the public behaves. We create a digital user’s profile, with whom we can interact more. This is only the beginning! We are sure that, in the following years, this technology will grow faster and what we really wanted was to start as soon as possible!”