In order to provide you with the full range of famoco services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information famoco may collect about you
- how famoco will use information we collect about you
- whether famoco will disclose your details to anyone else
- How long Famoco will retain my personal information
- your rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us
As set out above, famoco is committed to safeguarding your personal information.
All data collected by Famoco, including through the famoco website, is processed in accordance with all local legislation and the terms laid out in the revised version of the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, and in compliance with the EU regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) of April 27, 2016.
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk (see our Terms and Conditions for more details).
What information famoco collects?
Information you provide us which we need in order to provide you with our services and products
There is certain personal information that we need in order to provide the products and services that you have chosen, for instance when you sign up to participate in or receive a service from famoco.com, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, or register your details with us. Examples of details we collect to do so include:
- Postal address (including postcode)
- Email address
- Payment details
- Job title
- Work email
We may ask for additional information as indicated when you interact with those products or services.
Information we collect through your use of our products or while interacting with us
When you use any of our online platforms or apps, interact our support or sales teams, we collect information that helps us to deliver the service you have chosen and to improve your experience. This is done through cookies and other technologies. Examples of the type of information we may collect are:
- Identification and authentication data (technical logs, security information…)
- Data exchanged during interactions with our teams (Email communications, interview or meeting reports, chat with our support…)
- Email Provider
- The pages you read on our websites and how you got to them
- IP address (number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
- Internet Connection
- Location (in some cases)
You can also volunteer to disclose additional information which may not be essential for us to deliver a service to you. By providing it you help us to ensure we communicate with you in a way that’s most relevant, useful and engaging for you. We may collect and ask for additional information when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of our products or services in any way, for example in person, via our marketing campaigns, via phone or mail orders, or our websites.
Information we receive from third parties
We occasionally work with third parties who provide additional information that you have shared with them, for instance for conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests (with regards to Twitter, you can opt out of interest-based advertising through methods offered by Twitter). We may also work with third parties to identify individuals who may be interested in our products and services or in some cases our sponsors / advertisers’ products and services. These third parties may give us access to your personal information, if you have allowed them to do so.
Information we do not track
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about you. This includes race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion.
How famoco uses the information collected?
Famoco will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to conform with our legal obligations
- to provide our products and services and conform with our contractual obligations
- to provision accounts and profiles during subscription to a service/product
- for « service administration purposes », which means that Famoco may contact you for reasons related to the service you or your company have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders)
- to contact you about a service or information you requested
- to deliver marketing and advertising
- to deliver the newsletter and information channels you subscribed to, including informing you about new services, offers, product evolutions, surveys, upcoming fairs and business events
- to help us make marketing decisions to ensure our messages are relevant to you (we may analyse your individual information to create a profile of your interests and preferences).
- For conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interests
- to optimize our services
- to improve the security and availability of our solutions, for instance block disruptive use
- to analyze and improve the services and products offered by Famoco, including on famoco.com. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience
Where famoco proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
Will famoco share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Famoco.
In some instances, we need to disclose personal information to third parties in order to deliver a service or product, improve your experience with our solutions, or when required to do so by contract or law. “Third parties” include agents, subcontractors including SaaS platform providers, and other associated organizations.
For each third party, we have in place contracts to ensure the information remains secure and limited in use and that their data processing comply with the EU regulation 2016/679. Some of these third parties are based or operate outside the European Union, in which case we ensure they operate in a country considered as having adequate level of protection (GDPR article 45).
Below are some examples of when we need to share your information:
- When we send you an email or a push notification, these are delivered by marketing platforms. As part of this service, certain information such as message opens, clicks and formatting are recorded to help deliver the best email experience.
- When we test and launch new products, services or offers, we may work with trusted third parties to support us.
- When you make a payment, your payment will be processed by a specialist payment processor to ensure a secure transaction.
- To provide information for auditing purposes by official regulators.
How long will famoco keep my personal information?
If you are a Famoco customer, we will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to meet our legal and contractual obligations and deliver the services you subscribed to, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Famoco.
If you are not a Famoco customer, we will keep your personal information as long as you consent to receive information from us. If you request us to no longer contact you, for example with marketing communications, we will retain the minimum amount of information about you so that we can ensure we remove you from any future communications.
What are your rights and how to exercise it?
As outlined by the European regulation 2016/679, you have the right to request access, rectification, erasure, restriction and data portability of any personal data Famoco holds about you.
At any time you can also object and withdraw consent to the processing of the personal data we hold.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant national supervisory authority like the CNIL (Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés) for France.
Data ControlLer details
Data controller: FAMOCO SAS
Headquarters: FAMOCO SAS, 59 Avenue Victor Hugo 75116 Paris FRANCE
Registered on the Trade & Companies register in Paris under no.527 948 814
famoco.com Cookies Policy
a) What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their computer to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of famoco.com features. Each browser is different, so check the « Help » menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Paris, May 24th 2018